Previous PageAgree : verb :(a) to approve
• The auditors have agreed the accounts.• The figures were agreed between the two parties.• We have agreed the budgets for next year.• Terms of the contract are still to be agreed.• He has agreed your prices.
• It has been agreed that the lease will run for 25 years.• After some discussion he agreed to our plan.• The bank will never agree to lend the company £250,000.• We all agreed on the plan.
• She agreed to be chairman.• Will the finance director agree to resign?
• I agree with the chairman that the figures are lower than normal.
• The auditors' figures do not agree with those of the accounts department.
• An agreed amount• On agreed terms
• Written agreement• Unwritten or verbal agreement• To draw up or to draft an agreement• To break an agreement• To sign an agreement• To witness an agreement• An agreement has been reached or concluded or come to.• To reach an agreement or to come to an agreement on prices or salaries• An international agreement on trade• Collective wage agreement• An agency agreement• A marketing agreement• Blanket agreement = agreement which covers many different items• Exclusive agreement = agreement where a company is appointed sole agent for a product in a market• Gentleman’s agreement = verbal agreement between two parties who trust each other