Business Dictionary :
All-Risks Policy, All-Time, Alphabet, Alter,
Alteration and Alternative
All-Risks Policy : noun : insurance policy which covers risks of any kind with no exclusions
All-Time : adjective : all-time high or all-time low = highest or lowest point ever reached
• Sales have fallen from their all-time high of last year.
Alphabet : noun : the 26 letters used to make words in English
Alphabetical Order : noun : arrangement of records (such as files, index cards) in the order of the letters of the alphabet (A, B, C, D, etc.)
Alter : verb : to change
• To alter the terms of a contract
Alteration : noun : change which has been made
• He made some alterations to the terms of a contract.
• The agreement was signed without any alterations.
Alternative : noun : thing which can be done instead of another
• What is the alternative to firing half the staff?
• We have no alternative = there is nothing else we can do.
Alternative : adjective : other or which can take the place of something
• To find someone alternative employment = to find someone another job
From All-Risks Policy to HOME PAGE