Business Dictionary :
Allocate, Allocation, Allot and Allotment
Allocate : verb : to divide (a sum of money) in various ways and share it out
• We allocate 10% of revenue to publicity.
• $2,500 was allocated to office furniture.
Allocation : noun : dividing a sum of money in various ways
• Allocation of capital
• Allocation of funds to a project
• Share allocation or allocation of shares = spreading a small number of shares among a large number of people who have applied for them
Allot : verb : to share out
• To allot shares = to give a certain number of shares to people who have applied for them
NOTE : allotting & allotted
Allotment : noun
(a) sharing out funds by giving money to various departments
• Allotment of funds to a project
(b) giving some shares in a new company to people who have applied for them
• Share allotment
• Payment in full on allotment
• Letter of allotment = letter which tells someone who has applied for shares in a new company
• Allotment letter = letter which tells someone who has applied for shares in a new company
• How many shares he has been allotted?
From Allocate to HOME PAGE