Business Dictionary :
Alternative, Altogether, A.M., Amend and Amendment
Alternative : noun : thing which can be done instead of another
• What is the alternative to firing half the staff?Alternative
• We have no alternative = there is nothing else we can do.
: other or which can take the place of something
• To find someone alternative employment = to find someone another job Altogether
: putting everything together
• The total strength of the staff of the three companies in the group comes to 2500 altogether.A.M.
• The company lost £2m last year and £4m this year making £6m altogether for the two years.
: in the morning or before 12 midday
• The flight leaves at 9.20 a.m.Amend
• Telephone calls before 6 a.m. are charged at the cheap rate.
: to change and make more correct or acceptable
• Please amend your copy of the contract accordingly. Amendment
: change to a document
• To propose an amendment to the constitutionFrom Alternative to HOME PAGE
• To make amendments to a contract