Business Dictionary :
Answer and Answering
Answer : noun : reply or letter or conversation coming after someone has written or spoken
• I am writing in answer to your letter of October 6th.Answer
• My letter got no answer or there was no answer to my letter.
• I tried to phone his office but there was no answer.
: to speak or write after someone has spoken or written to you
• To answer a letter = to write a letter in reply to a letter which you have receivedAnswering
• To answer the telephone = to lift the telephone when it rings and listen to what the caller is saying
: answering machine = machine which answers the telephone automatically when someone is not in the officeAnswering Service
= office which answers the telephone and takes messages for someone or for a company From Answer to HOME PAGE