Business Dictionary :
Appeal and Appear
Appeal : noun :
(a) being attractive
Customer Appeal = being attractive to customers
Sales Appeal = quality which makes customers want to buy
(b) asking a court or a government department to change its decision
• The appeal against the planning decision will be heard next month.NOTE
• He lost his appeal for damages against the company.
• She won her case on appeal = her case was lost in the first court.
• But the appeal court said that she was right.
: no plural for (a) Appeal
(a) to attract
• This record appeals to the under-25 market.
• The idea of working in Australia for six months appealed to her.
(b) to ask a government department or a law court to alter its decision
• The company appealed against the decision of the planning officers.NOTE
: You appeal to
a court or a person against
a decision Appear
: to seem
• The company appeared to be doing well.From Appeal to HOME PAGE
• The managing director appears to be in control.