Business Dictionary :
Appoint, Appointee and Appointment
Appoint : verb : to choose someone for a job
• To appoint James Smith to the post of managerNOTE
• We have appointed a new distribution manager.
: You appoint a person to
a job Appointee
: person who is appointed to a job Appointment
(a) arrangement to meet
• To make or to fix an appointment for two o'clock
• To make an appointment with someone for two o'clock
• He was late for his appointment.
• She had to cancel her appointment.
• Appointments book = desk diary in which appointments are noted
(b) being appointed to a job
• On his appointment as manager = when he was made manager
• Letter of appointment = letter in which someone is appointed to a job
• Staff appointment = job on the staffFrom Appoint to HOME PAGE
• Appointments vacant = list (in a newspaper) of jobs which are available