Previous PageApprove : verb : (a) to approve of = to think something is good
• The chairman approves of the new company letter heading.• The sales staff do not approve of interference from the accounts division.
• To approve the terms of a contract• The proposal was approved by the board.
• To submit a budget for approval• Certificate of approval = document showing that an item has been approved officially
• To buy a photocopier on approval
• The sales division has made an approximate forecast of expenditure.
• Expenditure is approximately 10% down on the previous quarter.
• Approximation of expenditure• The final figure is only an approximation.