Business Dictionary :
Area, Area Code, Area Manager
Area : noun :
(a) measurement of the space taken up by something (calculated by multiplying the length by the width)
• The area of this office is 3,400 square feet.
• We are looking for a shop with a sales area of about 100 square metres.
(b) region of the world
• Free trade area = group of countries practising free trade
• Dollar area or sterling area = areas of the world where the dollar or the pound is the main trading currency
• A problem area or an area for concern
(d) district or part of a town
• The office is in the commercial area of the town.
• Their factory is in a very good area for getting to the motorways and airports.
(e) part of a country & a division for commercial purposes
• His sales area is the North- West.Area Code
• He finds it difficult to cover all his area in a week.
: special telephone number which is given to a particular area
• The area code for London is 01.Area Manager
: manager who is responsible for a part of the country From Area to HOME PAGE