Business Dictionary :
Assign, Assignation, Assignee,
Assign : verb :
(a) to give legally
• To assign a right to someone
• To assign shares to someone
(b) to give someone a job of work
• He was assigned the job of checking the sales figures.
Assignation : noun : legal transfer
• Assignation of shares to someone
• Assignation of a patent
Assignee : noun : person who receives something which has been assigned
Assignment : noun :
(a) legal transfer of a property or of a right
• Assignment of a patent or of a copyright
• To sign a deed of assignment
(b) particular job of work
• He was appointed managing director with the assignment to improve the company's profits.
• The oil team is on an assignment in the North Sea.
Assignor : noun : person who assigns something to someone
From Assign to HOME PAGE