Previous PageAttempt : noun : trying to do something
• The company made an attempt to break into the American market.• The takeover attempt was turned down by the board.• All his attempts to get a job have failed.
• The company is attempting to get into the tourist market.• We are attempting the takeover of a manufacturing company.• He attempted to have the sales director sacked.
• The chairman has asked all managers to attend the meeting.• None of the shareholders attended the AGM.
• The managing director will attend to our complaint personally.• We had brought in experts to attend to the problem of installing the new computer.
• For the attention of the managing Director• Your orders will have our best attention.