Business Dictionary :
Attempt, Attend and Attention
Attempt : noun : trying to do something
• The company made an attempt to break into the American market.
• The takeover attempt was turned down by the board.
• All his attempts to get a job have failed.
Attempt : verb : try
• The company is attempting to get into the tourist market.
• We are attempting the takeover of a manufacturing company.
• He attempted to have the sales director sacked.
Attend : verb : to be present at
• The chairman has asked all managers to attend the meeting.
• None of the shareholders attended the AGM.
Attend To : verb : to give careful thought to (something) and deal with it
• The managing director will attend to our complaint personally.
• We had brought in experts to attend to the problem of installing the new computer.
Attention : noun : giving careful thought
• For the attention of the managing Director
• Your orders will have our best attention.
From Attempt to HOME PAGE