Business Dictionary :
Attorney, Attract and Attractive
Attorney : noun :
(a) person who is legally allowed to act on behalf of someone else
Power of Attorney = legal document giving someone the right to act on someone's behalf in legal matters
• His solicitor was granted power of attorney.
(b) lawyer (US)Attract
: to make something or someone join or come in
• The company is offering free holidays in Spain to attract buyers.Attractive
• We have difficulty in attracting skilled staff to this part of the country.
: This attracts
• Attractive prices = prices which are cheap enough to make buyers want to buy QUOTE
• Attractive salary = good salary to make high-quality applicants apply for the job
: Airlines offer special stopover rates and hotel packages to attract customers and to encourage customer loyalty. (Business Traveller) From Attorney to HOME PAGE