Business Dictionary :
Automated, Automation, Automatic and Automatically
Automated : adjective : worked automatically by machines
• Fully automated car assembly plant
Automation : noun : use of machines to do work with very little supervision by people
NOTE : no plural
Automatic : adjective : anything which works or takes place without any person making it happen
• There is an automatic increase in salaries on January 1st.
Automatic Data Processing = data processing done by a computer
Automatic Telling Machine or US Automatic Teller Machine = machine which gives out money when a special card is inserted and special instructions given
Automatic Vending Machine = machine which provides drinks, cigarettes, etc. when a coin is put in
Automatically : adverb : working without a person giving instructions
• The invoices are sent out automatically.
• Addresses are typed in automatically.
• A demand note is sent automatically when the invoice is overdue.
From Automated to HOME PAGE