Previous PageB Shares : plural noun : ordinary shares with special voting rights (often owned by the founder of a company and his family) Baby Bonds : plural noun : (US) bonds in small denominations (i.e. $10) which the small investor can afford to buy Back : noun : opposite side to the front
• Write your address on the back of the envelope.• The conditions of sale are printed on the back of the invoice.• Please endorse the cheque on the back.
• After the strike it took the factory six weeks to clear all the accumulated back orders.
• I am owed £500 in back pay.
• The salesmen are claiming for back payment of unpaid commission.
• The company owes £100,000 in back rent.
• He will pay back the money in monthly instalments.• The store sent back the cheque because the date was wrong.• The company went back on its agreement to supply at £ 1.50 a unit.
• The bank is backing him to the tune of£ 10,000.• He is looking for someone to back his project.