Business Dictionary :
Bar, Bareboat Charter, Barely
Bar : noun :
(a) Place where you can buy and drink alcohol
• The sales reps met in the bar of the hotel.
(b) small shop
Sandwich Bar : small shop where you can buy sandwiches to take away
Snack Bar : small restaurant where you can get simple meals
(c) Thing which stops you doing something
• Government legislation is a bar to foreign trade.
(d) GB the profession of barrister
• To be called to the bar : to become a barrister
Bar Chart : noun : chart where values or quantities are shown as thick columns of different heights
Bar Code : noun : system of lines printed on a product which when read by a computer give a reference number or price
Bareboat Charter : noun : system of chartering a ship where the owner provides only the ship, but not the crew, fuel or insurance
Barely : adverb : almost not
• There is barely enough money left to pay the staff.
• She barely had time to call her lawyer.
From Bar to HOME PAGE