Base and Database
• Turnover increased by 200% but starting from a low base.
Base Year : first year of an index against which later years' changes are measured
Bank Base Rate : basic rate of interest which a bank charges on loans to its customers
Database : noun : store of information in a large computer
• We can extract the lists of potential customers from our database.
(b) place where a company has its main office or factory or place where a businessman has his office
• The company has its base in London and branches in all European countries.
Base : verb :
(a) To start to calculate or to negotiate from a position
• We based our calculations on the forecast turnover.
Based On : calculating from
• Based on last year’s figure
(b)To set up a company or a person in a place
• The European manager is based in our London office.
Related Links :