Business Dictionary :
Basic, Basics and Basically
Basic : adjective :
(a) Normal : basic pay or basic salary or basic wage = normal salary without extra payments : basic discount = normal discount without extra percentage
• Our basic discount is 20%. But we offer 5% extra for rapid settlement.
(b) Most important : basic commodities = ordinary farm produce produced in large quantities (such as corn, rice, sugar, etc,)
(c) Simple or from which everything starts
• He has a basic knowledge of the market. Basics
• To work at the cash desk, you need a basic qualification in maths.
: plural noun
: simple and important facts
• He has studied the basics of foreign exchange dealing.Basically
• To get back to basics = to consider the basic facts again
: seen from the point from which everything starts BASIC
: BEGINNER'S ALLLPURPOSE SYMBOLIC INSTRUCTION CODE : simple language for computer programming From Basic to HOME PAGE