Previous PageBear : noun :(a) large wild animal covered in fur
• Their advertising symbol is a bear.
• Government bonds which bear 5% interest
• The cheque bears the signature of the company secretary.• Envelope which bears a London postmark• A letter bearing yesterday's date• The share certificate bears his name
• The costs of the exhibition will be borne by the company.• The company bore the legal costs of both parties.
• The cheque is payable to bearer = amount can be paid to the person who holds it, but not to any particular name written on it
• Certificate bearing interest at 5%• Interest-bearing deposits