Beautiful Expressions Index
There are innumerable beautiful expressions in English. A thing of beauty is a joy for ever is one of the immortal lines of the great poet Keats.
The Beauty is ultimate reality is another immortal lines but of Tagore. The English language abounds in such beautiful expressions which bring us immense joy. Happy turns of phrases, striking imageries, peculiar styles, semantically interesting structures and memorable phrases are added in this page.
Here are few of those immortal lines and beautiful expressions.
- Language is the dress of thought. (Dr. Johnson)
- Large was his health, but larger was his heart. (Dryden : Absalom 1.826)
- The law allows it and the court awards it. (Merchant of Venice 4 : 1 : 303)
- Law is the bottomless pit. (John Arbuthnot)
- Laws grind the poor and rich men rule the law. (Goldsmith)
- Let bus do or die. (Robert Burns)
- Liberty! Equality! Fraternity!
- Liquid lapse of murmuring streams. (Paradise Lost : 8 – 263)
- A Little learning is dangerous thing. (Pope)
- Love comforteth like sunshine after rain. (Venus and Adonis 1-799)
- Love has found out a way to Live by Dying. (John Dryden)
- Love is love’s reward. (John Dryden)
- Love’s the noblest frailty of the mankind. (John Dryden)
- Love is the perfect sum of all delight. (Tobias Hume)
- Love makes all things equal. (Shelley)
- Love will find out the way.