Beautiful Expressions Index
There are innumerable beautiful expressions in English. A thing of beauty is a joy for ever is one of the immortal lines of the great poet Keats.
The Beauty is ultimate reality is another immortal lines but of Tagore. The English language abounds in such beautiful expressions which bring us immense joy. Happy turns of phrases, striking imageries, peculiar styles, semantically interesting structures and memorable phrases are added in this page.
Here are few of those immortal lines and beautiful expressions.
- The path of duty was the way to glory. (Tennyson)
- The pit of hell is as deep as despair. (Abbot William)
- A place for everything and everything in its place.
- Plain living and high thinking. (Wordsworth)
- Pleasure is deaf when told of future pain. (Cowper)
- Poetry is criticism of life. (M. Arnold)
- A politician …. one that would circumvent God. (Hamlet 5: 1 : 84)
- Politicians have no politics. (G.K.Chesterton)
- Prayer is conversation with God.
- Pride will spit in pride's face. (Thomas Fuller)
- Progress is not mere movement, but it is improvement. (L. S. N. Sarma)
- Promise made is a debt unpaid. (Robert William Service)
- Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. (Publius Syrus)