Business Dictionary :
Bidder and Bidding
Bidder : noun : person who makes a bid (usually at an auction)
• Several bidders made offers for the house.Bidding
• The property was sold to the highest bidder = to the person who had made the highest bid or who offered the most money.
• The tender will go to the lowest bidder = to the person who offers the best terms or the lowest price for services.
: action of making offers to buy (usually at an auction)
• The bidding started at £1,000 = the first and lowest bid was £ 1,000.NOTE
• The bidding stopped at £250,000 = the last bid (and the successful bid) was for £250,000.
• The auctioneer started the bidding at £100 = he suggested that the first bid should be £100.
: no plural From Bidder and Bidding to HOME PAGE