Business Dictionary :
Black : adjective : against normal or illegal
Black Market = buying and selling goods in a way which is not allowed by law (as in a time of rationing)
• There is a flourishing black market in spare parts for cars.Black Economy
• You can buy gold coins on the black market.
• To pay black market prices = to pay high prices to get items which are not easily available
= work which is paid for in cash and therefore not declared for tax In The Black
= in credit
• The company has moved into the black.Black
• My bank account is still in the black.
: to forbid trading in certain goods or with certain suppliers
• Three firms were blacked by the government.Blackleg
• The union has blacked a trucking firm.
: worker who goes on working when there is a strike Black List
: list of goods or people or companies which have been blackedBlacklist
: to put goods or people or a company on a black list
• His firm was blacklisted by the government. From Black to HOME PAGE