Business Dictionary :
Book : noun :
(a) Set of sheets of paper attached together
• A company's books = the financial records of a companyAccount Book
= book which records sales and purchasesCash Book
= record of cashOrder Book
= record of orders
• The company has a full order book = it has sufficient orders to keep the workforce occupied.Purchase Book
= records of purchasesSales Book
= records of salesBook Sales
= sales as recorded in the sales bookBook Value
= value as recorded in the company's books Bank Book
= book which shows money which you have deposited or withdrawn from a bank accountCheque Book
= book of new chequesPhone Book
or Telephone Book
= book which lists names of people or companies with their addresses and telephone numbers Book
: to order or to reserve something : to book a room in a hotel or a table at a restaurant or a ticket on a plane
• I booked a table for 7.45.From Book to HOME PAGE
• He booked a ticket through to Cairo.
• To book someone into a hotel or onto a flight = to order a room or a plane ticket for someone
• He was booked on the 09.00 flight to Zurich.
• The hotel or the flight is fully booked or is booked up = all the rooms or scats arc reserved.
• The restaurant is booked up over the Christmas period.