Business Dictionary :
Branch : noun : local office of a bank or large business
• Local shop of a large chain of shopsBranch Manager
• The bank or the store has branches in most towns in the south of the country.
• The insurance company has closed its branches in South America.
• He is the manager of our local branch of Lloyds bank.
• We have decided to open a branch office in Chicago.
• The manager of our branch in Lagos or of our Lagos branch
: manager of a branch Branch
: to branch out = to start a new (but usually related) type of business
• From car retailing, the company branched out into car leasing. QUOTE
: A leading manufacturer of business Industrial and commercial products requires a branch manager to head up its mid-western Canada operations based in Winnipeg. (Globe - Toronto
) From Branch to HOME PAGE