Business Dictionary :
Break Down : verb :
(a) To stop working because of mechanical failure
• The telex machine has broken down.
• What do you do when your photocopier breaks down?
(b) To stop
• Negotiations broke down after six hours.
(c) To show all the items in a total list of costs or expenditure
• We broke the expenditure down into fixed and variable costs.Break Down
• Can you break down this invoice into spare parts and labour?
(a) Stopping work because of mechanical failure
• We cannot communicate with our Nigerian office because of the breakdown of the telex lines.
(b) Stopping talking
• A breakdown in wage negotiations
(c) Showing details item by item
• Give me a breakdown of investment costs. From Break Down to HOME PAGE