Business Dictionary :
Budget : noun : plan of expected spending and income (usually for one year)
• To draw up a budgetAdvertising Budget
• We have agreed the budgets for next year.
= money planned for spending on advertisingCash Budget
= plan of cash income and expenditureOverhead Budget
= plan of probable overhead costsPublicity Budget
= money allowed for expected expenditure on publicitySales Budget
= plan of probable sales The Budget
= the annual plan of taxes and government spending proposed by a finance minister
• The minister put forward a budget aimed at boosting the economyBudget Account
• To balance the budget = to plan income and expenditure so that they balance
• The president is planning for a balanced budget.
(In a bank) = bank account where you plan income and expenditure to allow for periods when expenditure is high by paying a set amount each month Cheap Budget Department
(In shops) = cheaper departmentBudget Prices
= low prices From Budget to HOME PAGE