Change into Other Degrees
English Grammar IndexChange into Other Degrees :
From Change into Other Degrees to HOME PAGE
- The Indus is longer than any other river in India.
No other river in India is so long as the Indus.
- The elephant is the largest of all animals. (superlative)
The elephant is larger than all other animals. (comparative degree)
- Uranium is heavier than most other metals. (comparative)
Very few metals are so heavy as uranium.
- The elephant is more majestic than any other animals. (comparative)
The elephant is the most majestic than any other animals. (superlative)
- The lotus is lovelier than the lily. (comparative)
The lily is not so lovely as The lotus. (positive)
- Somu is the oldest boy in our class. (superlative)
Somu is older than any other boy in our class. (comparative)
- Coffee is more harmful than tea. (comparative)
Tea is not so harmful as coffee.
- Chennai is one of the biggest cities in India. (superlative)
Chennai is bigger than most other the metals. (comparative degree)
- Kolkata is larger than Chennai. (comparative)
Chennai is not so large as Chennai. (positive)
- Iron is more useful than all other the metals. (comparative)
Iron is one of the most useful metals.