New Words : Chiaroscuro
plural : Chiaroscuros
1) the use of deep variations in and subtle gradations of light and shade, esp. to enhance the delineation of character and for general dramatic effect.
2) the distribution of light and shade in a picture
3) a woodcut print in which the colors are produced by the use of different blocks with different colors
4) a sketch in light and shade
5) A woodcut print made by this technique
Rembrandt is a master of chiaroscuro.
Related Forms :
Chiaroscuros : noun - plural
Chiaroscurist : noun
Click Here for Another New Word