Quotes and Quotations IndexFrom Child Quotes to HOME PAGE
Here are The Child Quotes
- How sharper than a serpent's tooth it is
To have a thankless child.
(W. Shakespeare : King Lear)
- Monday's child is fair of face.
Tuesday's child is full of grace.
Wednesday's child is full of woe.
Thursday's child has far to go.
Friday's child is loving and giving.
Saturday's child works hard for his living.
And the child that is born on the Sabbath day
Is bonny and blithe and good and gay.
(A Nursery Rhyme : 1838)
- Men are generally more careful of the breed of their horses and dogs than of their children.
(William Penn : 1644-1718 : Founder of Pennsylvania)
- The childhood shows the man,
As morning shows the day.
- It is not what you leave your children, but how you leave them that matters.