|Collective Noun : English Grammar : Basics of English|
English Grammar Index
Collective Noun :
A collective noun is the name of a group or collection of similar persons, animals or things.
1. a herd of cattle
2. a team of cricketers
3. a bouquet of flowers
4. a flock of sheep
5. a troupe of dancers
6. a fleet of ships
Examples :1. A crowd of people gathered.
2. I saw a bunch of grapes.
3. Indian cricket team is strong.
4. A herd of cattle is passing.
5. The police dispersed the crowd.
6. The French army was defeated at waterloo.
7. The class is studying grammar.
8. A committee of five was appointed.
9. The mob was dispersed by the police.
10. The jury found the prisoner guilty.
From Collective Noun to HOME PAGE
More To Explore