Business Dictionary :
Damage and Damaged
This page is about Damage and Damaged.
Damage : noun : (a) harm done to things
• Fire damage = damage caused by a fire
• Storm damage = damage caused by a storm
• To suffer damage = to be harmed
• We are trying to assess the damage which the shipment suffered in transit.
• To cause damage = to harm something
• The fire caused damage estimated at £100,000.
• Damage survey = survey of damage done
: no plural
= money claimed as compensation for harm done
• To claim £1000 in damages
• To be liable for damages
• To pay £25,000 in damages
• To bring an action for damages against someone = to take someone to court and claim damages
: to harm
• The storm damaged the cargo.
• Stock which has been damaged by water
: which has suf¬fered damage or which has heed harmed
• Goods damaged in transit
From Damage and Damaged to HOME PAGE
• fire-damaged goods = goods harmed In a fire