Business Dictionary :
Defence or Defense
Defence or Defense (US) : noun : protecting someone or something against attack
• The merchant bank is organizing the company's defense against the takeover bid.
• Fighting a lawsuit on behalf of a defendant
= lawyer who represents the defendant in a lawsuit
: to fight to protect someone or something which is being attacked
• The company is defending itself against the takeover bid.
• He hired the best lawyers to defend him against the tax authorities.
• To defend a lawsuit = to appear in court to state your case when accused of something
: person who is sued or who is accused of doing something to harm someone
From Defence or Defense to HOME PAGE