Business Dictionary :
Differ : verb : not to be the same as something else
• The two products differ considerably - one bas an electric motor whereas the other runs on oil.
Difference : noun : way in which two things are not the same
• What is the difference between these two products?
• Differences in Price
• Price Differences
Different : adjective : not the same
• Our product range is quite different in design from that of our rivals.
Differential : adjective : something which shows a difference
• We offer ten models each in six different colors.
Differential Tariffs = different tariffs for different classes of goods
Differential : noun : price differential = difference in price between products in a range
Wage Differentials = differences in salary between workers in similar types of jobs
• To erode wage differentials = to reduce differences in salary gradually
From Differ to HOME PAGE