Easedrop or Eavesdrop

Previous Page

Easedrop or Eavesdrop :

The area under the eaves right next to the front of a building used to be called the “eavesdrop,” and somebody listening in secretively from such a position came to be called an “eavesdropper.”

Unfortunately, so few people distinctly pronounce the V in “eavesdrop” that many are misled into misspelling it “easedrop.”

Common Errors Index

From Easedrop or Eavesdrop to HOME PAGE