A Word A Day : Grudging
Wednesday, 10th October 2007 : Today's Word is ...
( Adjective )
Pronunciation : grú-jjing
1. Done or given reluctantly, or doing or giving something reluctantly
2. Not disposed or inclined toward
3. That feels envy of another's possessions
4. Petty in giving or spending
Reluctant, Unwilling, Complaining, Resentful, Rancorous, Disinclined, Loath
Warm-hearted, Willing, Eager
• I had given one man and thought it too much, while he gave four without grudging
• As an American, however, I cannot help grudging
another of our most popular daughters to even the best of Englishmen.
Enjoy this list and then get around for preparing your own list of words. There is no better way of boosting your words power. The most effective way to build your vocabulary is described in the page on Word Power. Educational research has discovered that your I.Q. is intimately related to your Word Power. Take a standard Vocabulary test and then an intelligent test, the result in both will be substantially the same. The more extensive your vocabulary, the better your chances of success, other things being equal- success in attaining your educational goals, success in moving ahead in your business or professional career, success in achieving your intellectual potential.
Go to The A Word A Day Index
From Grudging to HOME PAGE