A List of Proverbs
This is A List of Proverbs beginning with S. Use a proverb from This List wisely in your writings and speech and make yourself brief.
• Save me from my friends.
• Saying is one thing, doing another.
• Scratch my back and I will scratch yours.
• Second thoughts are best.
• See a pin and let it lie, you’re sure to want before you die.
• Seeing is believing.
• Set a thief to catch a thief.
• Set not your loaf in till the oven is hot.
• She’s the cat’s mother.
• Show me a liar and I’ll show you a thief.
• Silence gives consent.
• Sink or swim.
• Six of one and half a dozen of the other.
• Skill is stronger than strength.
• Sloth makes all things difficult, but industry all easy.
• Slow and steady wins the race.
• Slow and sure.
• Small beginnings make great endings.
• Soft words break no bones.
• Soft words win hard hearts.
• Some men are wise and some are otherwise.
• Sometimes the best gain is to lose.
• Soon hot soon cold.
• Sooner said than done.
• Spare the rod and spoil the child.
• Speak little but speak the truth.
• Speak well of your friends, and of your enemy nothing.
• Speaking without thinking is shooting without aim.
• Speech is silver, silence is golden.
• Spilt salt is never all gathered.
• Still water runs deep.
• Strike while the iron’s hot.
• Study the past if you would divine the future.
• Suspicion is the bane of friendship.
• Sympathy without relief is like mustard without beef.
From A List of Proverbs to HOME PAGE