English Grammar IndexQuestions PagePunctuation Marks : From Punctuation Marks to HOME PAGE
Rewrite the following sentences with the proper punctuation marks.
- in my house he pointed without looking because he was busy reading in the attic
‘In my house’. He pointed without looking because he was busy reading. ‘In the attic’.
- sure he is my father knows as much as my teacher
‘Sure he is. My father knows as much as my teacher’.
- and all the kids learned the same things sure if they were the same age
‘And all the kids learned the same things?’ ‘Sure, if they were the same age.
- they werent even half finished when margies mother called Margie school
They weren’t even half finished when Margie’s mother called, ‘Margie! School!’
- now said mrs jones and its probably time for tommy too
‘Now,’said Mrs. Jones. ‘And it’s probably time for tommy too’.
- Margie said to tommy can I read the book some more with you after school
Margie said to Tommy, ‘Can I read the book some more with you after school?’
- computers the personal computers affectionately called pcs
Computers!- the personal computers – affectionately called PCs.
- thousands of years ago the Chinese invented the abacus
Thousands of years ago, the Chinese invented the ‘Abacus’.
- the Indians gave the world the greatest mathematical contribution zero 0
The Indians gave the world the greatest mathematical contribution Zero (0).