Quay, Query, Question and Questionnaire
• The chief accountant had to answer a mass of queries from the auditors.
Query : verb : to ask a question about something or to suggest that something may be wrong
• The shareholders queried the payments to the chairman's son.
Question : noun :
(a) words which need an answer
• The managing director refused to answer questions about redundancies.
• He raised the question of moving to less expensive offices.
Question : verb :
(a) to ask questions
• The police questioned the accounts staff for four hours.
(b) to query or to suggest that something may be wrong
• We all question how accurate the computer printout is.
Questionnaire : noun : printed list of questions, especially used in market research
• To send out a questionnaire to test the opinions of users of the system
Follow These Links!