Queue, Quick, Quickly and Quiet
• To form a queue or to join a queue
Dole Queue = line of people waiting to collect their unemployment money
(b) series of documents (such as orders, application forms) which are dealt with in order
• His order went to the end of the queue = his order was dealt with last.
Mortgage Queue = list of people waiting for mortgages
Queue : verb : to form a line one after the other for something
• When food was rationed, people had to queue for bread.
Quick : adjective : fast or not taking any time
• The company made a quick recovery.
Quickly : adverb : without taking much time
• The sale of the company went through quickly.
Quiet : adjective : calm or not excited
• The market is very quiet.
On The Quiet = in secret
• He transferred his bank account to Switzerland on the quiet.
Follow These Links!