Pronunciation : rozee-àyt & rozee -et
1. having plumage of a reddish pink color
2. optimistic or idealistic especially to an absurd degree
3. expecting a favorable outcome or dwelling on hopeful aspects
4. incautiously optimistic
From Latin roseus, rosy, from rosa, rose
optimistic, Panglossian, rose-colored, rosy, sanguine, rose, rosaceous, hopeful, reddish, fuchsia, magenta, pink
Hopeful means having or inspiring hope.
Optimistic means expecting the best.
cheerless, depressed, downhearted, gloomy, glum, grave, melancholy, sad, unhappy
• The whole woods seemed tinged with a roseate hue, since Marian had come again.
• Your roseate forecast for holiday sales proved wrong.
• This program eusures your roseate future.
• roseately : Adverb
Enjoy this list and then get around for preparing your own list of words. There is no better way of boosting your words power. The most effective way to build your vocabulary is described in the page on Word Power. Educational research has discovered that your I.Q. is intimately related to your Word Power. Take a standard Vocabulary test and then an intelligent test, the result in both will be substantially the same. The more extensive your vocabulary, the better your chances of success, other things being equal- success in attaining your educational goals, success in moving ahead in your business or professional career, success in achieving your intellectual potential.
Follow These Links!