Simple Future Tense
English Grammar Index
Simple Future Tense :
General Form :
Subject + shall / will + Root verb
I / We - shall + root verb
He / She / It / All Singular subjects - will + root verb
You / they / All Plural Subjects - will + root verb
It is used to express an action that will take place in the future time.
1. We shall buy a T.V. next month.
2. You will know the result in a week.
3. The novelist will complete his book next month.
4. She will finish her studies next year.
5. They will leave for Delhi tonight.
6. The population of our country will increase in the next ten years.
The presence of the following Keywords in a sentence indicates the existence of This Tense in that sentence.
In a few minutes
In a little time
In the coming days
In the years to come
On next Monday
With in a week
From Simple Future Tense to HOME PAGE