English Grammar Index
The Adverbs are the words which modify the meaning of an adjective, a verb or another adverb.
Rajan walks fast.
In this sentence the word FAST modifies the verb WALKS to indicate the manner of the walking.
1. He is a very clever boy.
2. He gets up early in the morning.
3. Raju never listens to me.
Kinds of Adverbs :
The adverbs are of the following kinds.
1. Adverbs of Manner - answers the question how?
2. Adverbs of Time - answers the questions when?
3. Adverbs of Place - answers the question where?
4. Adverbs of Frequency - answers the question how often?
5. Adverb of Degree - answers the question how much or in what Degree or to what extent
6. Interrogative Adverbs - are used to ask questions
7. Adverbs of Reason - express the reason or purpose or cause.
From The Adverbs to HOME PAGE