Business Dictionary :
Unite, Unladen, Unlawful, Unlined,
Unlisted and Unload
Unite : verb : to join together
• The directors united with the managers to reject the takeover bid.
= organization which links the countries of the world to promote good relations between them
: empty or without a cargo
: against the law or not legal
: with no limits
• The bank offered him unlimited credit.
= situation where a sole trader or each partner is responsible for all the firm's debts with no limit at the amount each may have to pay
: unlined paper with no lines printed on it
: unlisted securities = shares which are not listed on the Stock Exchange
Unlisted Securities Market
= market for buying and selling shares which are not listed on the Stock Exchange
(a) to take goods off (a ship, etc.)
• The ship is unloading at Hamburg.
• We need a fork-lift truck to unload the lorry.
• We unloaded the spare parts at Lagos.
• There are no unloading facilities for container ships.
(b) to sell (shares which do not seem attractive)
• We tried to unload our shareholding as soon as the company published its accounts.
From Unite to HOME PAGE