Via, Viable, Viability, Vice and View
• The shipment is going via the Suez Canal.
Viable : adjective : any work which can work in practice
• Not commercially viable = not likely to make a profit
Viability : noun : being viable or being able to make a profit
NOTE : no plural
Vice- : prefix : deputy or second in command
• He is the vice-chairman of an industrial group.
Vice-President : noun : (US) one of the executive directors of a company
Senior Vice-President = one of a few main executive directors of a company
View : noun : way of thinking about something
• We asked the sales manager for his views on the reorganization of the reps' territories.
To Take the Long View = to plan for a long period before your current investment will become profitable
In View Of = because of
• In view of the falling exchange rate, we have redrafted our sales forecasts.
Follow These Links!