Business Dictionary :
Via, Viable, Viability, Vice and View
Via : preposition : using a means or a route
• The shipment is going via the Suez Canal.
• We are sending the cheque via our office in New York.
• They sent the message via the telex line.
: any work which can work in practice
• Not commercially viable = not likely to make a profit
: being viable or being able to make a profit
: no plural
: deputy or second in command
• He is the vice-chairman of an industrial group.
• She was appointed to the vice-chairmanship of the committee.
: (US) one of the executive directors of a company
= one of a few main executive directors of a company
: way of thinking about something
• We asked the sales manager for his views on the reorganization of the reps' territories.
To Take the Long View
• The chairman takes the view that credit should never be longer than thirty days.
= to plan for a long period before your current investment will become profitable
In View Of
= because of
• In view of the falling exchange rate, we have redrafted our sales forecasts.
From Via to HOME PAGE