Wastage : noun : amount lost by being wasted
• Allow 100% extra material for wastage.
• The company was fined for putting industrial waste into the river.
• It is a waste of time asking the chairman for a rise.
• That computer is a waste of money. There are plenty of cheaper models which would do the work just as well.
• Waste materials
• Cardboard is made from recycled waste paper.
• To waste money or paper or electricity or time
• The MD does not like people wasting his time with minor details.
• We turned off all the heating so as not to waste energy.
• This photocopier is very wasteful of paper.