Quotes and Quotations IndexFrom Woman Quotes to HOME PAGE
Here are The Woman Quotes
- Here lies a poor woman who was always tired.
She lived in a house where help wasn't hired.
Her last words on earth were: "Dear friends, I am going
To where there's no cooking or washing or sewing,
For' everything there is exact to my wishes,
For where they don't eat there's no washing of dishes.
(An epitaph quoted from Dictionary of Famous Quotations by Robin Hyman)
- Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned,
Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned.
(William Congreve : 1670-1729)
- Man has his will.
But woman has her way.
(O. W. Holmes)
- But what is woman? Only one of Nature's agreeable blunders.
(Hannah Cowley : 1743-1809)
- A woman is a foreign land.
Of which, though there he settle young,
A man will ne'er quite understand
The customs, politics and tongue.
(Coventry Patmore : 1823-1896)
- Dumb jewels often in their silent kind
More than quick words do move a woman's mind.
(Shakespeare : The Two Gentlemen of Verona)
- A woman has to bring up her children and that means to restrain them, to deny them things they want, to set them tasks, to punish them when they do wrong, to do all the unpleasant things. And then the father, who has nothing to do but pet them and spoil them, comes in when all her work is done and steals their affection from her.
(Bernard Shaw : Major Barbara)