This ROOT-WORD is the Suffix AGE which means ACT OF, STATE OF, FUNCTION, RESULT OF & COLLECTION OF. It is an easy ROOT-WORD to recognize. Other words you will meet with this ROOT-WORD are dotAGE, mirAGE, sabotAGE and many others.
1. Carriage : carri AGE (kar’ ij) n.
The act or manner of carrying oneself
2. Courage : cour AGE (kur’ ij) n.
Strength of mind and heart
3. Courageous : cour AGE ous (ku ray’ jus) adj.
Having strength; lacking fear: being brave
4. Outrageous : outr AGE ous (out ray’ jus) adj.
Full of wild misdoing; abusive
5. Marring : marri AGE (mar; ij) n.
State of wedlock
6. Marriageable : marri AGE able (mar’ ij a b’l) adj.