The next ROOT-WORDS are AN & IAN . These ROOT-WORDS are used as Suffix meaning NATIVE OF & RELATING TO . AN makes an adjective out of the noun in is added to. It is a very important key these days. It opens the door to knowledge of the peoples of the world and to the members who participate in the United Nations.
1. Czechoslovakian : Czechoslovak LAN(chek o sloe va’ ki an) adj.
A native of Czechoslovakia, a Czechoslovakian.
2. Cuban : Cub AN (kyu’ ban) adj.
A native of Cuba, a Cuban.
3. Colombian : Colombi AN (ko lum’ bi an) adj.
A native of Colombia, a Colombian.
4. African : Afric AN (af’ ri kan) adj.
A native of Africa, an African.
5. Dominican : Dominic AN (do min’ I kan) adj.
A native of the Dominican Republic, a Dominican.
6. Ethiopian : Ethiop IAN (ee thi oe’ pee an) adj.
A native of Ethiopia, an Ethiopian.
7. Italian : Ital IAN (I tal’ yan) adj.
A native of Italy, an Italian.
8. Jamaican : Jamaic AN (ja mae’ kan) adj.
A native of Jamaica, a Jamaican.
9. Somalian : Somal IAN (soe ma’ li an) adj.
A native of Somaliland, a Somalian.
10. Libyan : Liby AN (lib’ i an) adj.
A native of Libya, a Libyan.
11. Mongolian : Mongol IAN (mon goe’ li an) adj.
A native of Mongolia, a Mongolian.
12. Nicaraguan : Nicaragu AN (ni ka ra’ gwan) adj.
A native of Nicaragua, a Nicaraguan.
13. Liberian : Liber IAN (lie beer’ I an) adj.
A native of Liberia, a Liberian.
14. Syrian : Syr IAN (sir’ ee an) adj.
A native of Syria, a Syrian.
15. Tanzanian : Tanzan IAN (tan zae’ mi an) adj.
A native of Tanzania, a Tanzanian.
16. Tunisian : Tunisi AN (tu ni’ zi an) adj.
A native of Tunisia, a Tunisian.
17. Ugandian : Ugand IAN (u gan’ di an) adj.
A native of Uganda, a Ugandian.
18. Venezuelan : Venezuel An (ve ne zuay’ lan) adj.
A native of Venezuela, a Venezuelan.
19. Yugoslavian : Yugoslav IAN (yu goe slav’ I an) adj.
A native of Yugoslavia, a Yugoslavian.
20. Australian : Austrai Ian (aws trale’ yan) adj.
A native of Australia, an Australian.
21. Indian : In dia an (in dee’ yan) adj.
A native of India, an Indian
From An to HOME PAGE