Know Your Next Word : bottom
7. bottom :noun, verb & adjective :
1. the lowest or deepest part of anything, as distinguished from the top
2. the ground under any body of water
3. to discover the full meaning of (something) : to fathom
4. to strike against the bottom or end
5. of or pertaining to the bottom or a bottomusage :the bottom of a page
the bottom of the sea
Try getting to the bottom of the problem.
When people sink that low, they're bound to reach the bottom soon.
They had to bottom the sub until the enemy cruisers had passed by.
The car bottomed too easily on the bumpy road.
A flounder is a bottom fish.
They knew at bottom that they were only deceiving themselves.
Click Here to Know Your Next Word