The ROOT-WORD is CHRON which means TIME. It comes from the Greek word chronos. The awareness of events CHRONologically gives us a perspective of history impossible without it. Whether an event came before or after assumed real significance with the appearance of CHRONicles. This is a very valuable key
1. Chronic : CHRON ic (kron’ ik) adj.
Continuing for a long time; as, a chronic invalid
2. Chronicle : CHRON icle (kron’ i k’l) n.
A record of events in order of time
3. Chronicler : CHRON icler (kron’ i kler) n.
A historian; as, a chronicler of events
4. Chronology : CHRON ology (kro nol’ o jee) n.
The science of recording events by period and by date
5. Chronologist : CHRON ologist (kro nol’ o jist) n.
An expert in the science of chronology
6. Chronologize : CHRON ologize (kro nol’ o jize) v.
To give to time its period and to an event its date
7. Chronologer : CHRON ologer (kro nol’ o jer) n.
Another name for a chronologist
8. Chronobarometer: CHRON obarometer (kron o ba rom’ e ter) n.
Barometer connected with clock work
9. Chronocyclegraph: CHRON ocyclegraph (kron o sie’ k’l graft) n.
A photograph showing the course of motion by timed flashes
10. Chronograph : CHRON ograph (kron’ o graf) n.
11. Chronograph : CHRON ography (kro nog’ ra fee) n.
A record of past time; history
12. Chronomancy : CHRON omancy (kron’ o man si) n.
Divination to determine the right time for action
13. Chronologic : CHRON ologic (kron of oj’ ik) adj.
Relating to chronology
14. Chronologicalaly: CHRON ologically (kron ol oj; i ka jee) adv.
According to periods of time in which the events took place,
15. Chronometer : CHRON ometer (kro nom’ et er) n.
Instrument to keep time
16. Chronopher : CHRON opher (kron’ o fer) n.
An instrument which signals the correct time
17. Chronoscope : CHRON oscope (kron’ o skope) n.
Instrument which measures minute intervals of time
18. Chronoscopy : CHRON oscopy (kron os’ ko pi) n.
The study of brief intervals of time by means of a chronoscope
19. Synchronous : syn CHRON ous (sin’ kro nus) adj.
Happening at the same time
20. Chronothermal : CHRONO thermal (kron o ther’ mal) adj.
Relating to time and temperature